Communications ManagerYour Coming RoleOn our journey to the rest of the world, we need a highly talented communications manager to initially build, execute, and continually develop our communications strategy.Our communications strategy should reflect our new, coming brand strategy that our Head of Design and founders are currently working intensively on. You, too, will be a key part of shaping our new brand strategy so you'll be working closely together with especially our founders and our Head of Design.
You'll be the epicentre of anything communications at ShopGun, both at a strategic and an executing level. Your responsibilities will be many and some of them will be:
- Be ultimately responsible for anything that is communicated about ShopGun to the world, both shaping our communications strategy and crafting content and empowering fellow team members to create content, too.
- Help define the voice of ShopGun in anything communications. Ensure that voice across our multitude of channels, and empower fellow team members to speak with the same voice
- Build PR with a high impact on a both global and local level. PR has always been paramount to ShopGun's growth so you'll take on a proud tradition of building stories with a big impact. ShopGun has been extensively covered in the media in especially Denmark as *eTilbudsavis* with +600 articles, +10 TV features, and many more mentions
In other words, we expect you to do what it takes to take ShopGun's communications to the next level, creating a strong awareness about ShopGun in both Scandinavia and the rest of the world. Your work will be in the hands of hundreds of thousands of people.Your Current QualificationsWe expect that you're:
Though it's not required, we'd love that you're:
- Able to communicate clearly and empower others to do the same
- Able to identify interesting stories within our organization and tell them to the world in order to position ourselves in the market, make us stand out, and be noticed in a good way by people
- Playful with words and sentences - a true wordsmith
- Concerned with consistency in communications, painting the bigger picture
- Attentive to grammar, holding high standards
- Used to building PR for other organizations, preferably within tech
- Able to read between the lines, understand the overall message, and see how for instance this role description definitely could be written in a more compelling way by you
- Sharing our values (see below)
- Familiar with technology in general - we don't expect you to be able to code but you should be able to navigate the tech landscape since we're a tech company, after all
- Familiar with social media
Our Core Values
We have a set of values that are central to everything we do at ShopGun. Because of that, we're looking for the person who can not only fill the role but also shares our values:
We put people first
We prioritize the well-being of people over anything else. We make the time that people spend with us well spent. We believe this leads to good fortune and that money will then be possible to make in a sustainable way to fuel our purpose.
We challenge how things are
We're never satisfied with the status quo. We consider things, big or small, and improve them by making decisions that support our purpose in the long run. We challenge people in respectful ways when trying to improve things.
We grow our impactWe seek to get the most impact out of what we do rather than growing the size of our organization. We do this by becoming smarter and faster to achieve more in the same time. We learn new things, learn from our mistakes, and optimize our time.
We contribute outside of our rolesWe see all parts of our organization as something for us to contribute to, as best as we can. We share our thoughts and invite people to share their thoughts. We're selfless and let the better argument prevail.We turn thoughts into actionWe carefully consider things and then do what it takes to fulfil our roles so other people can count on us. We work self-reliantly and as part of our organization at the same time. We try our best and we're never afraid to fail.
Your Coming Benefits
- Highly talented fellow team members
- Widely used product, reaching hundreds of thousands of people
- Modern tech stack with endless opportunities
- Sleek office on top of the Field's shopping center in Copenhagen, containing:
- Gym & Amager Fælled just outdoor to take a walk(ing meeting, if you like)
- Hair-dresser & other personal care
- Grocery shopping & lots of other shops
- Easy access by both bike, Metro, regular trains, car, etc.
Our Coming Collaboration
- Computer hardware of your choice
- Access to conferences, further education, books, etc. to stay sharp
- Company pension programme
- Weekly massage
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, and more
- Four extra paid days off a year
- Yearly Christmas and Summer party plus monthly Friday bars
- ... and more!
We'd like you to start as soon as possible. Your compensation will be based on your qualifications.
Got questions? Feel free to reach out to our Co-Founder & CEO, Christian Birch, at +45 2815 1070.
We look forward to receiving your application!