News Writer for Internal Communication
Do you have a degree in journalism or communication, and are you ready to develop your career as the mind behind inspiring stories within a global organisation?
Use your creative journalistic skills as you walk the world with us, writing stories about our values, culture and newest innovative developments – the very DNA of ECCO.
In our headquarters in Bredebro, you will become a part of our Internal Communication team of 4 colleagues dedicated to written communication as well as visuals and graphics. From here, you will reach over 21,300 ECCO employees across the globe by producing stories, articles and videos for our intranet and employee magazine, ECCO People.
Although you will become our one dedicated news writer within Internal Communication, you will also collaborate a lot with the team as we work together on developing ideas and setting the direction for our projects and initiatives.
You will also be responsible for engaging international ECCO writers in producing locally relevant content for use in the employee magazine. To accomplish this, you travel approximately 25 days per year to production sites and offices around the world, including Indonesia, Thailand, China, Vietnam, Portugal and Slovakia.
With the ultimate goal of driving awareness, understanding and commitment among employees through engaging content, you:
- Produce varying content from portraits to informative articles and everything in between
- Work across the organisation, building a global network of stakeholders that will function as sources of information and stories
- Actively communicate with international ECCO writers to ensure they produce the right content within given deadlines
- Coordinate workshops in which you teach ECCO writers around the world about journalism and writing
- Contribute to the further development of our internal media to attract and retain users and maintain reader satisfaction
- Help further develop our use of videos together with the team
You are the central figure behind the written content of both the magazine and intranet. It is therefore vital that you have a passion for and love of engaging stories and that you are able to strike the balance between creativity, journalistic standards and ECCO´s overall strategy.
Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Hold a degree in journalism – cand.comm. or similar
- Hold some experience with copy writing and news publishing in English
- Are fluent in English – Danish is a plus
- Have some knowledge of SharePoint, Photoshop, InDesign, video photography and the development of video content – these are, however, not a must
We offer a challenging and varied job in an international company that is constantly developing. ECCO is characterised by an informal environment, and we value cooperation, initiative and new ideas.
Your continued personal and professional development is essential to us, and we offer participation in internal and external courses, education and conferences supporting this development.
ECCO is an international organisation with many nationalities in many countries. We aim at reflecting the same multicultural environment at our headquarters in Southern Jutland. All qualified applications are therefore very welcome, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, age or ethnical background.
For more information on this position, please contact Head of Internal Communication Eva Kloch Norlyk on +45 2724 7782.
Send your application as soon as possible as we stop the search when the right candidate shows up.